Thursday 14 September 2017

How I cope when I'm angry and frustrated!


Today we had a large group discussion about ways we deal with anger and what we do to calm down.  Students were paired up with a buddy for a "think, pair, share".  Students then came back to the whole group and shared.

We learned that our classmates;

-paint in my bedroom
-play x-box
-draw pictures
-gracefully dance and then sing
-ride my horse (yes this is a real horse)
-lay on my stuffies
-wait for my Mom to come and hug me
-hit the bedroom door with a pillow
-yell into my pillow
-take a snack into my room and have some quiet time
-have a nap
-wait for my dad to come up to my room and apologize
-sneak down into my theatre room and watch a movie
-watch you-tube on my iPod
-play with my lego

At school I;

-sit on the comfy chair
-play with a different friend
-tell a teacher
-get a drink of water
-count to 10
-ask Mrs.Helsen for a hug
-read a book by myself

In Math we made a 4 square graph.  We tallied what we had for breakfast and what food groups each food came from.  We discovered that grains were the most popular breakfast choice (at least today).

In Art we created funny self portraits with our mouths wide open.  We experimented with blowing paint all over the page (it didn't go as planned!). Our self portraits will hang with our "Ways to Calm Down" work in the hallway.

Happy 7th Birthday to Breanna and Ava!  Thanks for bringing in the delicious cupcakes girls!

I tried not to put pictures of students who have not returned the WHITE forms giving permission to be on the blog.  These forms went home last week and were after the white medical forms.  Almost everyone has returned the yellow forms, if you haven't returned the white forms please do so.

Sneaky Question-
-What can you do at school if a friend isn't being kind?











4 comments:

  1. I can find my brother or read a book or I could take a deep breath. Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say stop, walk away with head up and tell on them - Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will ask for help from Mrs. Helsen or the substitute teacher. - Blu

    ReplyDelete

Online Learning June 22-26

We made it!  It's the last week of the school year!  This week you will get your classroom award and be able to see your report card. ...