Thursday 23 February 2017

Our New Student Teacher

Hello my name is Cathryn Basterfield and I am the new student teacher for Mrs. Helsen's Grade 1's and 2's. I am so excited to be doing my final practicum at Earl Grey School. I am currently attending St. Mary's University in their Bachelor of Education program, and I will graduate in April. Working with Mrs. Helsen's class will be the third class I have taught. My previous practicum experiences include working with a Grade 3 and 4 split class and also a Grade 6 class. I have always wanted to teach a division one grade which is why I am so happy I get to learn and work with the Grade 1 and 2 students.

My previous degree is a 4 year Bachelor of Liberal Studies with concentrations in English and History. In my undergraduate degree I took a lot of courses focusing on art history and children's literature. In my last year of my undergraduate degree I did an interdisciplinary thesis based around art and journaling. This reflects in my lesson planning as I love to create lessons that are cross curricular and I like to incorporate either writing or art in all subject areas!

I love playing board games, reading out loud, music, and I have a passion for all things Disney! I am already having a blast working with the Grade 1/2 class and I can't wait to start lesson planning for them.

Cathryn

1 comment:

  1. Swimming because it was fun to jump in the pool.
    -Hugo

    ReplyDelete

Online Learning June 22-26

We made it!  It's the last week of the school year!  This week you will get your classroom award and be able to see your report card. ...