Thursday 9 February 2017

Run for Water Calgary

Run for Water is a great cause and a fun event.  Not only does it promote global citizenship but also helps to provide children and entire villages in Ethiopia with clean water.  Our students benefit from the physical activity and by taking ownership at helping others. Through Earl Grey's Running Club we hope to support this organization and have fun while doing it.

How it works-
-in late Spring (early May) your child will have the opportunity to join our running club.
-our running club runs every Tuesday and Thursday at lunch for approximately 3km.
-parents and students must sign up for the Run for Water event on their own. Our students ran the 5km race. 
-parents will accompany their own child to the race on Saturday June 10th.
-you run, walk, skip, hop but you complete the 5km race while having fun!

Your don't need to be a part of the running club to participate in the race, anyone can run!

I am still working out the logistics of creating a group for our school so please don't register yet.  

Last year we had at least 11 Earl Grey runners with many parents and siblings.  The weather was PERFECT, the kids loved all of the food at the end, and our runners preformed very well.  Aaron L in grade 3 stayed just steps ahead of me the entire race, he just wouldn't let me catch him!   Madden C in grade 4 came in 1st place in the under 10 male group with Quinn V right behind him.  Katelyn M in grade 3 came in 2nd place alongside my daughter....they were less than a minute behind the 1st place girl. Had I known we were so close we would have pushed at the end!!!

Here are a couple of videos about the cause.




Scroll down on this web page to find the video


Thank you for your support!

Gwen

3 comments:

  1. I am going to run for water!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to run for water and I hope I don't get lost.-Ana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to run because I want to give some clean water to this country. Parker

    ReplyDelete

Online Learning June 22-26

We made it!  It's the last week of the school year!  This week you will get your classroom award and be able to see your report card. ...